Friday, December 11, 2009

Technology Poster Presentation

I thought this project was pretty cool. I really liked the technology I had come up with. It was a talk from TED that a friend of mine told me about. It is an idea to turn sand into sandstone to create walls to stop desertification. I thought it was very innovative. I didn't really know what was expected of us as far as the actual posters were concerned, because when I got to the room in the morning and everyone's looked a lot better than mine! Ah! So I wasn't sure if I had been mistaken or what. I was also pretty nervous, I am not great with talking to people, I get very self- conscious. It was really interesting to hear what other people had chosen to do their poster on. I really liked this one which was about vertical farming. I thought that was a great idea. The tweeting went very smoothly. It was nice to have computers in the room to use, because I can't get online with my phone. I think everyone in the class put in a lot effort into their projects.
Overall it was a good experience.



TED TALK:

http://www.ted.com/talks/magnus_larsson_turning_dunes_into_architecture.html

1 comment:

  1. You are nuts! Your poster looked great! Seriously yours was easy to follow. A lot of people had so much stuff crammed onto their tiny board that you didn't even know what they were talking about :)

    ReplyDelete