Sunday, November 29, 2009

New Moon & other movies to look forward to

So I need to write a little bit about movies. I did see New Moon....haha...make fun, that's fine. I don't deny that it is a silly book and sillier movies, but I can still be a fan. I'm a fan in the way that I hate to love them, and love to hate them. But the whole phenomenon of Twilight in general is fairly crazy. The actors and actresses in the movie have become global celebrities in a matter of a year.

Movies that I am looking forward to seeing this winter:
The Lovely Bones: I read the book a long time ago and it was depressing. I really didn't like it when I read it, but when I heard Peter Jackson was directing the movie I was definitely interested. After seeing the trailer I can't wait to see it. Of course stupid me, I read some early reviews of it and they are just so-so. So I can't read anymore, I don't want to ruin it before I see it. I am really looking forward to seeing Saoirse Ronan play the main character. She was in Atonement, and was brilliant.



Another movie I want to see is The Road: I also read this book. And even though it is a very sad apocalyptic tale, I really loved the book. It was written in a way that I had never read before.
In the movie, one of the main characters is played by Viggo Mortenson, who is a great actor. He always puts himself 100% into whatever role his is playing.

The last one that I am really looking forward to is Up in the Air:
George Clooney can basically do no wrong. He always chooses movies that are perfect for him. This seems like it is going to be really good. One of the women in the movie with him is also in the twilight series, which I think it kinda funny, but also great. Just by the previews it looks like there are some great performances in the movie.

1 comment: